Today on Facebook the Corcoran Group published a Youtube video about the steps home sellers can take to help their home sell faster.
[youtube width=”640″ height=”390″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUBSs7JVIWU[/youtube]
Some pretty good advice there. Here’s my own advice which contains quite a few overlaps.
1. Pick the right agent to help you sell your home. Ask to see some pictures from a previous listing, ask for a detailed marketing plan. Make sure you get the right agent and the right brokerage for your market.
2. Price your home likes it’s 2011 not 2006. Many sellers are serious about thier home and price it to sell but for some people its very hard to accept that their home is worth less than they paid for it. If you bought your house after 2005 the chances are it’s worth less than you paid for it. Pricing it above what it is worth will just make the home sit unsold for years. The oldest listing in the Arizona Multiple Listing Service has been on the market for over 4 years!
3. Stage your home. There’s so many things you can do to improve how your home shows. Here’s one small tip that really gives a conventional home sale an advantage. As I mentioned in my post about What homebuyers are looking for. There are many sellers who prefer a hassle free sale rather than a distressed deal. So to give yourself an added advantage conduct your own inspection prior to listing yourself and be ready to present this to all interested parties with evidence of fixes.
4. Demand amazing pictures and virtual tour. Check whats out there if your listing is not in the top 10% of listings in terms of visual appeal insist the photos are reshot.
5. Hold a brokers open house. Get the people actively selling homes to see it. Ask your REALTOR to offer an incentive to collegues such as a iPad raffled off to attendees.
6. Promote your property online. Your agent should be actively marketing your property online. Did they write a blog post about it? Do they know what a blog is?
That’s just a few tips you can use to help get your house sold in the time scale you desire. Please contact me if you would like some help making this dream a reality.